Sarah Alarid Missing: California teen last seen leaving New Year's Eve party, report says
(CBS) -- Police said a California teen was reported missing after she disappeared after leaving a New Year's Eve party, CBS Los Angeles reports.
Friends said 19-year-old Sarah Alarid was last seen arguing with her ex-boyfriend around 3 a.m. Tuesday in a Santa Clarita neighborhood, before taking off alone in a 2002 silver Ford Focus.
Her father, Mike Alarid, said calls to Sarah's phone go straight to voicemail and there hasn't been any activity on it since 3:41 a.m. that night.
"She's always called or we've always known where she's at. Or she's communicated with her friends. And that contact has just fallen off," he said.
Sarah's mother, Laura Alarid, said the teen never goes longer than a day without calling.
"She's my youngest daughter and I need her home," she said. "Please, Sarah, I need you home. I care about you a lot. We all need you here."
Volunteers, family and friends, including Sarah Alarid's former boyfriend, have been actively searching and passing out fliers around Santa Clarita since her disappearance, according to CBS Los Angeles. Alarid's friends said it is unusual for her to lose touch with them.
"She knows that I'm one of her only friends that if she ever got into any trouble, I could come pick her up," said Jordan Carrico. "Didn't matter where she would be, I could come get her. But she hasn't tried calling any of us."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom