Autistic child found in filthy Calif. apartment, mom claimed he was missing, report says
The Sacramento Bee reports that sheriff's deputies found the 9-year-old boy in plain sight in a bedroom, after being called on a report of a missing child. His mother, 30-year-old Christina Milligan, was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment.
Sheriff's officials said the apartment had cockroaches, dirty diapers and trash and smelled of urine. The boy and another 2-year-old child were taken into protective custody.
Sheriff's spokesman Jason Ramos said Milligan posted bond and was released Sunday night.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family