Man stole golf cart, champagne, drove drunk 13 miles before arrest, say Calif. cops
According to CBS Sacramento, Citrus Heights man John Vishion, 46, admitted to police that he stole the cart from a friend's house in Angels Camp, and tried to drive it back home, but was stopped for DUI.
Vishion managed to maneuver the champagne-heavy golf cart for 13 miles before he was stopped, the station reported.
It was later that morning that Angels Camp police took a report about a stolen golf cart, golf clubs and five bottles of champagne.
Putting two and two together, police then tracked the suspected thief to the Calaveras County Jail, where he had already been detained for the DUI.
After a jailhouse police interview, Vishion was charged with burglary, vehicle theft, possession of stolen property, and grand theft, all felonies, in addition to the drunk driving charge.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family