Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins case: Iowa cousins' death details kept confidential by police
Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock told The Des Moines Register on Wednesday that the causes and other details about the deaths of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric will be kept confidential in order to protect the investigation.
Smock says "the only people that are going to know this information are the people who are responsible."
He says tests on the girls' bodies aren't finished yet.
Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared from Evansdale on July 13, 2012. Their bodies were found on Dec. 5.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan