Suspect allegedly killed woman's dog during robbery, surveillance video released
According to CBS San Francisco, the incident began around 5 p.m. last Friday when the 30-year-old woman pulled her vehicle over to look for her cellphone, police said. The victim exited the car, leaving her dog inside, and went to the passenger side door. The suspect then approached, grabbed her shirt and reached into her pockets to look for money.
Police say the suspect found a small amount of cash and demanded more. When the victim's dog began barking from the car, the suspect reached inside, grabbed the dog and threw it onto the street into moving traffic, causing fatal injuries. The suspect fled and the woman took the animal to a veterinarian where it died.
Surveillance footage captured the suspect running away, and police have posted the video and still photos from the footage on the department's website.
According to CBS San Francisco, there is a $3,000 reward for any information leading to the suspect's arrest.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Inspector Economus with the department's Tenderloin Station at (415) 345-7348. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call a tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Warrant issued for former NFL wide receiver