Suspect allegedly killed woman's dog during robbery, surveillance video released
According to CBS San Francisco, the incident began around 5 p.m. last Friday when the 30-year-old woman pulled her vehicle over to look for her cellphone, police said. The victim exited the car, leaving her dog inside, and went to the passenger side door. The suspect then approached, grabbed her shirt and reached into her pockets to look for money.
Police say the suspect found a small amount of cash and demanded more. When the victim's dog began barking from the car, the suspect reached inside, grabbed the dog and threw it onto the street into moving traffic, causing fatal injuries. The suspect fled and the woman took the animal to a veterinarian where it died.
Surveillance footage captured the suspect running away, and police have posted the video and still photos from the footage on the department's website.
According to CBS San Francisco, there is a $3,000 reward for any information leading to the suspect's arrest.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Inspector Economus with the department's Tenderloin Station at (415) 345-7348. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call a tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison