Detroit mother charged with murder, child abuse in stabbing death of 8-year-old daughter
Detroit police responding to a 911 call found Tameria Greene unresponsive early Sunday morning on the floor of the family's near east side apartment. The girl had been stabbed in the chest and was pronounced dead on arrival at a hospital.
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy says the mother, Semeria Greene, was charged Wednesday with felony murder and first-degree child abuse. Tamiera would have celebrated her 9th birthday on Wednesday.
Greene is scheduled for arraignment Thursday. It wasn't immediately clear whether she has a lawyer.
A conviction on the murder charge carries a maximum penalty of life in prison without parole. The child abuse charge carries a maximum 15-year prison sentence.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call