Tammy Salle Missing: Volunteers search for Montana woman who went missing over a week ago, report says
(CBS) - Nearly 20 volunteers gathered Tuesday morning to search for a Montana woman who went missing more than a week ago, CBS affiliate KXLF reports.
Tammy Salle, 41, was last seen by her family on Dec. 23, KXLF reports. She lived with her boyfriend, 38-year-old John Goldberg, in the southwestern city of Anaconda. Goldberg was found dead Saturday due to self-inflicted wounds.
Authorities instructed volunteers to look for black garbage bags with red ties and a golden shower curtain, according to KXLF. The search team started at 9 a.m. and continued well into the afternoon, but found no evidence in connection to the disappearance case.
On Monday, authorities brought bloodied evidence to a Missoula crime lab that was collected from a garbage receptacle near the couple's home, according to KXLF. Anaconda Police Chief Tim Barkell said DNA analysis will take several weeks. The crime lab will examine bloody towels, bloody rugs, human tissue and hair.
Police talked to Goldberg on Dec. 26 when he told them that he and Salle got into an argument before she left in her car, KXLF reports. Goldberg was called in for questioning later that day, but he failed to arrive at the station, authorities said.
Salle's car was found abandoned Dec. 28, and Goldberg's body was found a day later in his vehicle, according to KXLF. Authorities said the coroner determined that Goldberg died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Authorities listed Goldberg as their only suspect in the missing person case, KXLF reports. Goldberg reportedly left behind a suicide note, but it did not indicate any information on Salle's disappearance.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case