Fla. pilot spots theft at his own home while flying
(CBS/AP) LABELLE, Fla. - Authorities say a Florida man flying home from North Carolina caught a man stealing a trailer while piloting his plane over his own home.
The News-Press reports that David Zehntner was flying over his home in LaBelle Sunday when he saw a truck in his driveway. He lowered his altitude to get a closer look and saw a man attaching Zehntner's trailer to the truck.
Zehntner followed the truck and called the Glades County Sheriff's Office from the air. Glades deputies contacted the Lee County Sheriff's Office, which found the truck as it headed into Charlotte County.
Gary Haines, 59, of Virginia, was arrested and charged with grand theft. He was released Monday from the Charlotte County Jail on $2,500 bond. It's not clear whether he's retained an attorney.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor