New Year's Eve Shooting: 2 dead, 3 injured after fight at Calif. restaurant, police say
(AP) SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Police say two people died and three others were injured in a New Year's Eve shooting after a fight in a restaurant in the Old Sacramento area.
The Sacramento Bee reports that gunfire broke out Monday evening outside of the Sports Corner Cafe. Police spokeswoman Michele Gigante said no details on any suspects or victims have been released.
Mayor Kevin Johnson tweeted early Tuesday saying that he spoke with police and that there was "no indication of any outstanding suspects."
After the shooting, police decided to cancel the area's midnight fireworks show, which were part of the New Year's Eve celebration. The city's visitors bureau had expected as many as 40,000 people would attend the fireworks show.
Police did not immediately return calls from The Associated Press.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15