Missing Montana woman arrested in L.A.
Helena Police Chief Troy McGee says 22-year-old Angelica Melody Gray was arrested Saturday on a Montana warrant alleging she violated her probation in a drug case by abandoning her two children at the YWCA, where they had been living.
She was reported missing on Dec. 12.
McGee says there was no indication Gray was being held against her will and as far as police know, she was trying to start a new life in California.
A man who was seen traveling with Gray was arrested in California on Friday. McGee says 21-year-old James Alexander Lee is challenging his extradition to Montana for allegedly violating the conditions of his release on a drug charge.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty