VIDEO: Mass. liquor store employees fight back, hospitalize alleged burglar
(CBS) DORCHESTER, Mass. - Police say Shawn Brown, 38, tried to rob Welles Liquor Mart in Dorchester Sunday night and wound up getting pummeled by a couple of employees armed with bottles of booze, CBS Boston reports.
"His head was split open and his nose was broken. There was blood everywhere," store employee Jeff Quach told the station.
Police say Brown, of New Hampshire, grabbed a stack of cash and ran, but the owner's son and another employee managed to cut him off before he could reach the door.
A struggle ensued and CBS Boston reports one of the two workers started whacking the suspect with a liquor bottle. The fight lasted about three minutes and even poured out onto the sidewalk on Dorchester Avenue.
"He was dazed and confused but he wiggles out of his jacket and started running," Quach reportedly said.
Brown managed to get away for a short time, but was later arrested and transported to the hospital with multiple injuries.
According to CBS Boston, Brown faces armed robbery charges when he is released from the hospital.
No one from the store was injured.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15