Three teens arrested for alleged kidnap, rape of Pa. woman on Christmas
(CBS/AP) UPPER DARBY, Pa. - Three men are charged in a brutal armed assault of a woman on Christmas night in suburban Philadelphia.
CBS Philly reports that police in Upper Darby say the 22-year-old victim was sitting in her Jeep Cherokee in a parking lot waiting for her boyfriend to come out of a nearby bar when three men, one of whom was armed, forced their way inside her car.
According to the station, police say the suspects then forced the woman into her back seat and drove her around Philadelphia for five hours. Each man also allegedly forced her to perform sex acts.
The men also physically assaulted the woman and stole her belongings, which included a Coach bag, her wallet, a ring and a necklace, among other things, the station reports.
After the suspects went though the woman's purse and discovered she had a daughter, they threatened the child's life in order to keep the victim quiet, then dropped her off and threw the keys under her car before fleeing on foot, CBS Philly says.
The woman then drove to her boyfriend's house and the two went to the police station to report the crimes.
Coincidentally, officers responding to another disturbance call at a woman's home say they found the victim's belongings there and arrested two 17-year-olds, Kewon Matthews and Kevin Jones. A 19-year-old, Brehon Rawlings, was arrested elsewhere the next day.
All are charged as adults with 42 crimes related to the attack including kidnapping, rape and robbery. Rawlings is also facing weapons charges, CBS Philly reports.
The suspects are being held on $500,000 bail each and are due in court Jan. 1st.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family