California mom pleads guilty to drowning 4-year-old autistic son
On March 31, 37-year-old Patricia Corby drove to a San Diego police station and told authorities she had killed her son, Daniel, by filling a bathtub and holding the boy under water until he died.
Police found the boy's lifeless body, still wet, wrapped in a blanket in her car's back seat. After her arrest, Corby told authorities that she had no life because her existence was dedicated to her son.
She also tried to drown herself but failed.
She faces 15 years to life in prison at a Jan. 28 sentencing hearing.
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call