Miami man set on fire Christmas night, police seek clues
(AP) MIAMI - Police and family members are wondering why a 44-year-old man was attacked and set on fire outside a Miami gas station on Christmas night.
While Darrell Brackett was being treated for burns over 75 percent of his body at a Miami hospital on Thursday, police continued their search for answers.
Brackett and his girlfriend dropped their guests off after hosting a Christmas night cookout. On the way home, their van ran out of gas and Brackett walked to the gas station.
The Miami Herald reports he paid for gas then walked to the pump. No one is sure what happened next, but a woman saw Brackett on fire and ran to help.
Miami-Dade police are treating the case as possible attempted murder. Anyone with information should contact police.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor