Husband of Wis. cop Jennifer Sebena arrested in her Christmas Eve shooting death
(AP) MILWAUKEE - The husband of police officer Jennifer Sebena, who was fatally shot on Christmas Eve while patrolling in suburban Milwaukee, has been arrested in connection with her death, authorities said Thursday.
Benjamin Sebena, of Menomonee Falls, was booked into Milwaukee County Jail on Wednesday night on a tentative charge of first-degree intentional homicide, the Wauwatosa police department said in a statement.
He has not been formally charged in the death of his 30-year-old wife.
Ben Sebena, 30, is a decorated U.S. Marine who served two tours in Iraq before suffering severe arm and leg injuries in a mortar attack, according to Pastor Scott Arbeiter at Elmbrook Church in nearby Brookfield.
Police officers found Jennifer Sebena's body in the early hours of Monday morning after she failed to respond to radio calls. She had been shot several times. Police have released few details about the shooting.
She had worked for the Wauwatosa police department for two years and her death was the first on active duty in the department's 96-year history. Wauwatosa is a city of about 46,000 people just west of Milwaukee.
Sebena's funeral is scheduled for Saturday.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death