Baby Jesus stolen from Ohio nativity scene
Police say the figure was reported missing early Christmas morning from outside a funeral home in the Cincinnati suburb of Mount Healthy.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that police say the owner of Paul R. Young Funeral Homes reported hearing someone laughing around 1 a.m.
When he went outside in the morning to feed the animals that help make up the live nativity scene, Officer Joe Powell says "baby Jesus was gone."
He says it's the second time in 12 years that the figure has been stolen.
The nativity scene has been a popular community attraction for decades.
Anyone with information is asked to call Mount Healthy police at 513-728-3183.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case