Funerals set for two slain western New York firefighters
(CBS/AP) WEBSTER, N.Y. - Funeral services are expected this weekend for two New York volunteer firefighters who were fatally shot Monday as they arrived at a house fire set by the ex-convict who killed them.
Calling hours for Michael Chiapperini and Tomasz Kaczowka will be held at Webster Schroeder High School from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and from noon to 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral service for Chiapperini, who was also a lieutenant with the Webster Police Department, will be held at the high school at noon Sunday. He will be buried in West Webster Cemetery.
The funeral Mass for Kaczowka will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Stanislaus Church in Rochester. Burial will be at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Rochester.
Police said 62-year-old William Spengler, who served 17 years in prison for manslaughter, set his house on fire before dawn on Monday, then took a a revolver, a shotgun and a semiautomatic rifle and sprayed bullets at the first responders. He then killed himself as seven houses burned on a sliver of land along Lake Ontario.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"