One man killed, one injured in Washington bar shooting, police say
(AP) BELLEVUE, Wash. - A 30-year-old Seattle man was killed and another man wounded in a shooting at a crowded bar in Bellevue, Wash., early Monday, police said.
The shooting broke out just after 1 a.m. at Munchbar at Bellevue Square, an upscale shopping center about 10 miles east of Seattle, said Carla Iafrate, a spokeswoman for the Bellevue Police Department.
More than 600 people were inside the venue at the time of the shooting.
"It was a very complicated scene," Iafrate said.
The wounded man was taken to a hospital. Iafrate did not immediately know his age or hometown.
So far, no one has been arrested, and investigators were trying to put together a description of the shooter, she said.
No officers were involved in the shooting.
Witnesses described a chaotic scene, telling local media they dove for cover or hit the floor when they heard gunshots.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case