Burglar eats cake, plays darts, turns on Xmas lights
Next, the Mokena, Ill., man made himself comfortable while the family slept, eating a coffee cake, turning on the TV, playing a round of darts and plugging in the Christmas lights, Will County Sheriff's authorities said, according to CBS Chicago.
They say the 32-year-old Bailey also knocked on a bedroom door and family members found him sitting on the stairs petting their cat.
CBS Chicago reported the family called police, who searched Bailey's car and found marijuana paraphernalia plus more food from the family's freezer.
Authorities say before his day was done the intruder also tried to steal gas for his car, according to the Joliet Herald.
He's being held on $75,000 bond for residential burglary.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot