Police: Man brings 2x4 labeled "High Powered Rifle" into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Virginia
Johnson, 33, was arrested after being detained by a school resource officer. Shenandoah County Sheriff's Office Major Scott Proctor told CBS affiliate WTVR that Johnson was approached by a school employee immediately after he entered the school. He said the school resource officer arrived "seconds later."
Proctor said he was not sure why Johnson entered the school, however he said it appeared Johnson wanted to make a point about school security.
Proctor was not aware if Johnson had a child at the school, which shares the same name as the school in Newtown, Conn. where a gunman opened fire last week, killing 26 people before turning the gun on himself.
Proctor told the station that resource officers are assigned to all the schools within the county and that the department planned to revisit school safety measures following the Newtown tragedy.
Johnson is charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor. He is being held without bond in the county jail. It is unclear if Johnson has retained an attorney.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case