Woman delivering cake to Baltimore middle school allegedly cuts staff member with knife
The woman was reportedly buzzed in to the National Academy Foundation School, where middle school students attend classes, but administrators say she failed to check in at the front desk.
A school employee noticed this, approached the woman and that's when school administrators say she attacked.
The station reports that the woman was trying to deliver a birthday cake to a relative when a school worker challenged her in the hall. She allegedly pulled out a knife, cutting the worker's hands.
According to CBS Baltimore, school officials would not say why the person was originally buzzed into the school, or how the situation escalated into a weapon being drawn.
This is the second violent incident at a Baltimore school in a week, reports CBS Baltimore. Last week, a seventh-grade student was attacked at Calverton Middle School. The station reports that the student said that adults, including another parent, were allowed onto campus and beat her up as she ran an errand at the principal's office.
"I don't know what a parent can say to a child that this happened to. There's really nothing you can say," Angie Harper, the mother of the student who was attacked, told the station.
In yet another incident, on Tuesday at Friendship Academy in Baltimore, a student reportedly came in with a plastic BB gun. CBS Baltimore reports that it was never fired and that the student is facing disciplinary actions.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death