Two 14-year-old boys arrested in cigarette shooting death, authorities say
(CBS/AP) BEAVER FALLS, Pa. - Two 14-year-old boys were arrested Tuesday evening in connection with the fatal shooting of a Pennsylvania woman who told them to "get a job" when they tried to bum a cigarette off her boyfriend, CBS Pittsburgh reports.
U.S. Marshals said Marcus Velasquez and Todavia Cleckley were arrested in a Beaver Falls home. Both teens were charged in the Dec. 8 shooting death of 22-year-old Kayla Peterson.
District Attorney Anthony Berosh told CBS Pittsburgh that Facebook photos posted by the two suspects after the homicide are now part of the criminal investigation. The pictures showed the boys holding guns.
The arrests came after the earlier arrest of 13-year-old Kyle Goosby Jr., who was also wanted in the shooting. Investigators said Velasquez and Goosby followed Peterson's boyfriend home and yelled profanities after he ignored their requests for a cigarette. Velasquez allegedly pulled the trigger when Peterson confronted the youths.
Cleckley and Goosby are charged with criminal conspiracy to commit homicide and are being held in a juvenile facility. Velasquez faces homicide and aggravated assault charges. He is currently held in Beaver County Jail.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls