McDonald's customer throws tantrum over burger, charged with assault, cops say
(CBS/AP) DOVER, Pa. - A Pennsylvania man who didn't have it his way is charged with assault for an allegedly violent tantrum because his McDonald's hamburger came with cheese.
Would you like fries with that?
Police in York County say 35-year-old Sean Varone knocked over a trash can, threw a high chair and assaulted an employee at a Springettsbury Township McDonald's on Nov. 30., the York Dispatch reported.
The newspaper reports that Varone, of Dover Township, is also accused of grabbing an employee's cellphone as she tried to call 911 and chucking it across the parking lot before fleeing.
According to the paper, Varone is charged with simple assault, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot