Naeem Davis, NYC subway "Push Death" suspect, indicted
Davis has been charged with the murder of 58-year-old Ki-Suck Han earlier this month. Police say the 30-year-old suspect watched the train strike Han before leaving the subway station, located near Times Square.
During a jailhouse interview with the New York Post, Davis said he was high on drugs during the tragic incident and trying to combat voices in his head. He claimed that Han had grabbed his arm and threatened him and that he was coaxed into shoving Han by voices in his head that he couldn't control.
Davis told the newspaper he didn't attempt to pull Han to safety because "it happened so fast" and he was "under the influence."
He says he didn't mean to kill Han.
Davis' lawyer has suggested his client acted in self defense because Han was drunk, according to CBS New York. He has also said that Han may have been the aggressor.
Davis was reportedly known by some in the area as someone who assisted sidewalk vendors. Others described him as a panhandler who seemed mentally disturbed and was seen talking to himself.
Han was a citizen of Korea living in Elmhurst, Queens, with his wife and daughter. Police said he had come to Midtown to renew his passport.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Ex-judge charged with stealing cocaine from cases