Mich. man allegedly kills 2 women, self after counseling session
(CBS/AP) GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Three people died Monday when a man allegedly perpetrated a double murder-suicide outside a counseling center.
Police say 27-year-old Marvin Lockridge shot and killed 31-year-old Quiana Phillips and 21-year-old Chelsea Magoon, before turning the gun on himself.
Lockridge and Phillips had a child together and Grand Rapids police say they had a counseling session at Arbor Circle Counseling before the shooting. CBS affiliate WWMT reports that Phillips and Magoon were cousins.
"In situations like this, there are times when there aren't any leading indicators that something like this might happen," said Arbor Circle President & CEO Jack Greenfield. "This is very rare, and we've never had it happen before."
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home