Julia Niswender Death: Two vigils planned for slain Eastern Michigan University student
(CBS/AP) YPSILANTI, Mich. - Two candlelight vigils are scheduled for Friday for an Eastern Michigan University student who police say may have died of apparent homicide, CBS Detroit reports.
Ypsilanti police said there are signs of "possible foul play," but still no cause of death yet for 23-year-old Julia Niswender. Her body was found Tuesday evening in the bedroom of her off-campus apartment.
Investigators said there were signs of physical trauma and they are waiting toxicology results. An autopsy was performed, but police said the cause of death is pending until more tests are finished. The case is being treated as a homicide.
"It's very frustrating at times ... we just want answers," said Jabob McLaughlin, a family spokesman and a long-time friend of Niswender. "She was fun-loving, just a great personality, bubbly, lit up a room every time she walked into one of them."
A vigil is set for 8:30 p.m. Friday at the EMU campus. Another vigil will also be held that evening at Munson Park in her native Monroe.
Visitation is at the funeral home on Saturday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 8 p.m. A service is 11 a.m. Monday at Redeemer Fellowship Church.
Ypsilanti police are asking anyone with information about this case to contact Det/Sgt T.C. Eberts at 734-482-9878 or Crime Stopper at 1-800- SPEAKUP.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors