Connecticut School Shooting: Police investigating reports of a shooting at elementary school
(CBS/AP) NEWTOWN, Conn. - Connecticut State Police say they are assisting local police in Newtown amid reports of a shooting at an elementary school.
The shooting was reported at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, in western Connecticut.
The Hartford Courant reports there are multiple injures and unconfirmed reports that one of the shooters is dead while the other is still at large.
The school superintendent's office says the district has locked down schools to ensure the safety of students and staff.
State police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance says they have a number of personnel on the scene to assist.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty