Julia Niswender, Eastern Michigan Univ. student, found dead in her off-campus apartment, homicide suspected
(CBS/AP) YPSILANTI, Mich. - Police are investigating the death of a college student found in her apartment near Eastern Michigan University as an apparent homicide, CBS Detroit reports.
Police say 23-year-old Julia Catherine Niswender was found dead around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday at Peninsular Place Apartments on Huron River Drive, just north of the school's campus in Ypsilanti.
The station reports that police were called to the apartment after a suite-mate reported not having seen her for several days.
According to her Facebook page, Niswender was in her final year at EMU studying electronic media and film.
Investigators have no information about a possible suspect.
Ypsilanti police are asking anyone with information about this case to contact Det/Sgt T.C. Eberts at 734-482-9878 or Crime Stopper at 1-800- SPEAKUP.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands