Newlyweds' fight involving TV remote lands them in S.C. jail
Police say newlyweds of six months Albert McAlister and Kara Harris Mahon are behind bars after the TV remote became a projectile in a confrontation at a Charleston hotel, CBS Charlotte reported.
Security told authorities they received complaints about an argument in one of the rooms at the Charleston Place Hotel. Police responded to the room of McAlister and Mahon.
Mahon told police that her intoxicated husband was lying in bed with her when he couldn't find the remote control (we've all been there, right?).
CBS Charlotte says according to the police report, Mahon admitted that when she located the "clicker," she threw it at her husband.
His response was to punch her on the forehead.
So, naturally, she bit him on his arm.
Police said when they arrive a "grossly intoxicated" McAlister told them "nothing happened." He said the bite mark on his arm "was just a scratch from earlier."
The remote-out-of-control couple - both of them - were booked into the Charleston County Detention Center and charged with criminal domestic violence.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths