Jack Culolias Missing: Restaurant-bar investigated in case of missing ASU student
(CBS/KPHO) - Arizona authorities are investigating a popular restaurant and bar in Tempe where Arizona State University student Jack Culolias was last seen before his Nov. 30 disappearance.
According to KSAZ-TV, the Arizona Department of Liquor Licensing and Control is investigating whether the Cadillac Ranch gave the 19-year-old alcohol on the night he went missing. Police say Culolias used fake identification to get into the estabishment, and witnesses say he was intoxicated while he was there.
The college student was reportedly attending a fraternity party at the bar until around 11 p.m. on that Friday night, CBS affiliate KPHO reports.
The search for Culolias in and around Tempe Town Lake was called off last Friday afternoon, Dec. 7, but the investigation into Culolias' disappearance will continue elsewhere, according to Michael Pooley of the Tempe Police Department.
Grace Culolias, Jake's mother, called ASU police Sunday Dec. 2 for a welfare check because she had not spoken to her son and was concerned. Jake Culolias' family told KPHO that he left his credit card and cell phone behind prior to his disappearance.
ASU police spokesman Jim Hardina said the teen's mother was worried about possible hazing because Culolias was pledging to a fraternity. A statement from the Sigma Alpha Epsilon headquarters said Culolias had been attending a chapter social event at Cadillac Ranch.
Culolias' friends said they have been conducting search parties every night and hanging posters to raise awareness.Jack Culolias is described as 6 feet tall, and has brown eyes and brown hair. Anyone with information is asked to call Tempe Police at 480-350-8311.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial