Prostitution charge dropped against "Wife Swap" cast member Alicia Guastaferro
(CBS/AP) PEMBROKE, N.Y. - A prostitution charge was dropped Tuesday against a former teen pageant princess who once appeared on the reality TV show "Wife Swap."
Genesee County prosecutors agreed to drop the charge against 21-year-old Alicia Guastaferro during a court appearance, her attorney said. She still faces misdemeanor drug possession charges. She's due back in court on March 12.
Guastaferro was arrested in August with Rochester attorney James Doyle at an interstate travel plaza. Doyle was charged with soliciting a prostitute, but that charge was also dropped. He still faces a drunken driving charge. He and Guastaferro have pleaded not guilty.
Guastaferro and ABC settled a lawsuit last year over the "Wife Swap" episode she appeared on. She claimed its unfair portrayal of her as a spoiled 15-year-old made her a target of ridicule.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Details surface about Zimmerman jury candidate pool
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple