Las Vegas mother arrested after unsupervised 6-year-old son is hit by school bus
Kimberly Marie Russi, 31, sent her young son and his slightly older brother to the bus stop unsupervised, the Las Vegas Sun reports. As a bus approached the student pick-up area, the boy stepped into the road and the bus ran over his foot, the police said.
KLAS reports the boy was taken to a nearby hospital and treated for what were described as substantial but non-life-threatening injuries.
Russi, who also goes by the name Kimberly Dela Cruz, was reportedly arrested and charged with a count of child abuse or neglect with substantial bodily harm and a count of child abuse and neglect.
Police say the bus that hit the boy was not one that he usually rides and that the driver was not at fault.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot