Boston College football player Jaryd Rudolph takes plea over sex recording
(AP) BOSTON - Jaryd Rudolph, a Boston College football player charged with violating state wiretap laws by secretly recording a consensual sexual encounter between his roommate and a woman, has admitted in a plea agreement that there are facts sufficient for a finding of guilty.
Rudolph is charged with recording the February encounter and distributing it to others, subjecting the woman to embarrassment and ridicule.
Rudolph, a 6-foot-4, 293-pound defensive lineman, entered his plea Tuesday.
According to CBS Boston, Rudolph, 19, is accused of recording the woman's "sexual noises" via cell phone on February 15 and sharing it with others, including members of the football team, the police report said.
The woman's lawyer says that hearing Rudolph admit to the facts is "significant to the healing process."
The judge continued his case for three months. That means that if Rudolph completes community service and adheres to other conditions, the charge will be dismissed.
The Boston Globe reports that Rudolph's lawyer said resolving the case was in everyone's best interests.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot