Fender-bender happy accident for down-on-luck family
According to CBS Boston, it all began in the parking lot outside the Panera Bread cafe in Milford, Mass., where single-mother Kim Kerswell works. She rear-ended Sherene Borr's van.
Kim asked Sherene if they could work out a payment plan because she knew she didn't have the money to cover the cost of fixing the bumper, as she's spending her first Christmas as a single mom to 12-year-old Kaylee and 3-year-old Ryan.
"She (Sherene) asked me my situation and I told her I'm a single mom just trying to make ends meet," Kim said. "She started breaking down in tears."
Sherene told CBS Boston the exchange was "very emotional."
"I grew up in a single parent household and things can get tough," she explained.
The two women exchanged information but Sherene couldn't stop thinking about Kim, the woman who rear-ended her, and Kim's family.
Hours later, Kim got a text - from Sherene.
"There is a reason we met today, I have many friends lined up to make your family's Christmas."
While Sherene's family celebrates Hanukkah, she is making sure Kim's family has a Merry Christmas. She and her friends have purchased toys and apartment supplies. They're also providing gift cards for food and gas, CBS Boston reports.
"For me she's like an angel," Kim said.
"I just feel very blessed and want to give those things to other people," Sherene said.
Out of their accidental meeting, the two women are forging a friendship. The only condition is a commitment to pay it forward.
"I know things are going to get better and when they do, my daughter and I and my son, we're going to help another family," Kim vows.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released