Brandon Woodard Update: Cops release image of gunman, victim Woodard, moments before NYC midtown assassination
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - A surveillance image released by New York City police shows 31-year-old Brandon Lincoln Woodard just moments before he was shot and killed execution-style on a Manhattan street in broad daylight Monday afternoon, reports CBS New York.
Police say Woodard may have been lured to the area of 58th street between 7th Ave. and Broadway before the killing, near the Time Warner Center.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Tuesday that Woodard was walking back and forth and checking his phone for messages before a gunman walked up and shot him in the head.
Kelly said security video indicates the unidentified shooter had been waiting in a car parked on the same block at least a half hour before the gunfire erupted. The car fled the scene and was last seen going through the Midtown Tunnel toward Queens.
Authorities say the victim, Woodard, had prior arrests in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web