Sierra LaMar Update: Antolin Garcia-Torres, suspect in the murder of Calif. teen, will be charged in attacks on 3 other women
(CBS/KPIX) MORGAN HILL - Antolin Garcia-Torres, suspect in the kidnapping and murder of missing California teen Sierra LaMar, will be charged Wednesday in the alleged attacks on three women in 2009, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.
According to CBS San Francisco, the district attorney's office Tuesday filed an amended complaint against Torres to include three separate counts of attempted kidnapping in the commission of a carjacking, Deputy District Attorney David Boyd said.
Santa Clara County Judge Jerome Nadler reportedly said Torres will be arraigned Wednesday in Superior Court on murder and kidnapping charges in the LaMar case and the other charges related to altercations with three women in Morgan Hill in 2009.
-On March 19, 2009, a 36-year-old woman told Morgan Hill police a man followed her to her car in the parking lot of a Safeway at 840 E. Dunne Avenue around 11 p.m., CBS San Francisco reports. About a half hour later a 46-year-old woman said a man attacked her with a stun gun in the lot of a Safeway at 235 Tennant Avenue, but fled after someone nearby heard her screams.
-On March 26, 2009, an 18-year-old woman reportedly told police she was sitting in her car around 8:40 p.m. at the Safeway lot on East Dunne Avenue in Morgan Hill when a man opened her car door. When the woman tried to remove a pocketknife from the glove compartment to defend herself, the man grabbed her hand and pulled the blade to her neck and then fled after she screamed.
According to CBS San Francisco, the three woman provided police with similar descriptions of the attacker and officers released a sketch of the suspect.
After Torres was arrested in LaMar case, police determined that he resembled the sketch's likeness, which led to his arrest in the alleged 2009 attacks. Torres, who used to work at the Safeway store on Tennant Avenue, was 17 at the time of the 2009 attacks.
LaMar was last seen by her family leaving her Morgan Hill home on March 16. Investigators believe she was kidnapped while walking to a school.
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Chicago dad gets prison for binding kids outside Wal-Mart
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says