Kevin Clash, former Elmo puppeteer, faces fourth underage-sex accuser
(CBS//WFOR) - Former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash is facing allegations of underage sex from yet another accuser, his fourth.
According to CBS Miami, the now 33-year-old victim says he met and befriended Clash in late 1995 or early 1996 on Miami Beach while the teen was looking for a job.
The station reports that the suit alleges the two used to talk on the phone frequently after Clash returned to New York. The victim claims Clash paid for a plane ticket for the teen to visit him in New York, and gave him cash and a free place to stay.
The teen allegedly stayed in Clash's apartment for four days during which, the suit states, Clash and the teen had sexual contact on multiple occasions.
The victim's attorney, Jeff Herman, is also representing two of Clash's other accusers.
This is the fourth lawsuit filed against Clash in a sex scandal that eventually led to his resignation from a long career as the man behind Elmo.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case