Kayla Campbell Missing: Police search pond for North Carolina teen
(CBS) - North Carolina police are searching a pond in the southeast suburban town of Mint Hill for missing 16-year-old Kayla Campbell, CBS affiliate WBTV reports.
Police were called to a home around 6 p.m. Sunday night, and Kayla's father told them she was supposed to return home at around 5:15 p.m. She was last seen at the house earlier that day around 2:30 p.m.
Kayla is described as approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, 115 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Mint Hill Police Department at 704-847-5555.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase