Car crash exposes pot-growing operation, Detroit police say
(CBS) OAKLAND COUNTY, Mich. - A two-car accident turned into a marijuana investigation Sunday morning after one of the cars crashed into a home that housed an elaborate marijuana-growing operation, CBS Detroit reports.
The Oakland County Sheriff's office says the accident occurred on Sunnyside Drive, near I-75, in Independence Township.
The car that reportedly crashed into the home is said to have damaged the gas meter. Officials say the fire department and Consumers Energy went into the house to check the inner gas line and found an extravagant marijuana-growing operation in the basement, CBS Detroit says.
Police say the 26-year-old homeowner returned home during the search warrant process and was arrested.
Four pounds of marijuana and a marijuana growth manual were found inside the home, the station reports.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested