Notorious B.I.G.'s family gets LAPD apology over autopsy release
The department said in a statement Saturday that detectives had intended to notify the rapper's family, but the report was released prematurely "due to an administrative error."
The Los Angeles Times reports detectives released the 15-year-old report last week in hopes of getting new tips in the unsolved murder. The report revealed that injuries caused by a single bullet killed the rapper during a drive-by shooting in March 1997.He suffered three other bullet wounds.
The attorney for the rapper's family complained Friday that he was not given any notice that the report would be released and criticized police for not closing the high-profile case.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths