Ricky Brewington, Del. man, arrested for stabbing his elderly parents, police say
Police say Brewington, 51, used a butcher knife to stab his 80-year-old mother and 82-year-old father in the kitchen of their home in Greenwood at around 9 a.m. Sunday. According to police, after the stabbing took place, the victims drove to the Greenwood Fire Department to receive medical care. Brewington stayed behind and called 911 to report what had just occurred, WBOC reports.
Troopers said a Greenwood police officer reported to the scene and took Brewington into custody without incident. The victims were taken by ambulance from the fire station to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital in Seaford. They both had multiple stab wounds but remain in stable condition.
Brewington is charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder and two counts of possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, WBOC reports. He is being held in the Sussex Correctional Institution on $150,000 cash bail.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case