Ricky Brewington, Del. man, arrested for stabbing his elderly parents, police say
Police say Brewington, 51, used a butcher knife to stab his 80-year-old mother and 82-year-old father in the kitchen of their home in Greenwood at around 9 a.m. Sunday. According to police, after the stabbing took place, the victims drove to the Greenwood Fire Department to receive medical care. Brewington stayed behind and called 911 to report what had just occurred, WBOC reports.
Troopers said a Greenwood police officer reported to the scene and took Brewington into custody without incident. The victims were taken by ambulance from the fire station to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital in Seaford. They both had multiple stab wounds but remain in stable condition.
Brewington is charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder and two counts of possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, WBOC reports. He is being held in the Sussex Correctional Institution on $150,000 cash bail.
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty