Katt Williams, comedian, wanted for arrest in California police chase, legal troubles no laughing matter
The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department tells KCRA-TV that the warrant is for felony reckless driving stemming from a Nov. 25 incident. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) says Williams fled officers on a three-wheeled motorcycle, after being spotted driving on the sidewalk near a Hyatt Hotel in downtown Sacramento.
Williams was asked to stop and refused, the CHP said, leading to the pursuit.Earlier this week, Williams didn't show up at an arraignment hearing in Seattle to face assault charges stemming from several run-ins with people and police last weekend.
Williams' attorney, Thomas McAllister, told the judge Thursday that his client was under the impression that he didn't have to attend the hearing, and said Williams was back in California.
Authorities say Williams struck a man over the head with a microphone while performing Friday night, threw chairs at fans, and threatened a bar manager with a pool cue over the weekend.
Authorities say officers had to restrain Williams before he was taken into custody after the bar incident.Complete coverage of Katt Williams on Crimesider
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship