Pastor of online ministry allegedly stabs roommate with sword
"He called himself a soldier of the Lord," Goudie's roommate, and now alleged victim, David Mock said.
Mock says Goudie, whom he shared a home with for four months, viciously attacked him with a 4-foot sword Thursday.
"I saw an object just coming towards me, and it was a sword," Mock told CBS Sacramento. "The sword went through my hand and through my groin, through my privates."
Mock told the station that prior to the attack Goudie went on a 24-hour drinking binge, threatening to hurt and kill him.
Mock says he called police three times that day.
Mock describes Goudie as a religious man who is the brains behind Power Christianity, a "radical" online ministry, CBS Sacramento reports.
Mock is convinced something made Goudie snap recently.
"It was sick, or something happened," Mock told the station. "It wasn't him, you know?"
Mock has been treated for his injuries but doctors are not sure if his hand will fully recover.
Goudie is facing a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, and is being held at the Sacramento County Jail.
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, released from prison
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Calif. teacher accused of killing wife arrested after search
- Embattled ex-Elmo puppeteer wins 3 Daytime Emmys
- Calif. school district wins $2.6M in "false rape" case
- Medical examiner resigns after 3 die in same hotel room
- Joseph Naso, 79, on trial in "Double Initial" murders
- Report: Weekend violence leaves 7 dead, 46 shot in Chicago
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Jimmy Hoffa search focuses on field in Detroit suburb
- Funeral held for Md. girl who police say was raped, killed
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Court revisits disputed 911 call in Zimmerman trial