Comedian Katt Williams a no-show at arraignment
Williams' attorney, Thomas McAllister, told the judge Thursday that his client was under the impression that he didn't have to attend the hearing, citing information from a Seattle Times article. McAllister says Williams is back in California.
The Seattle Times reports that the judge rescheduled the hearing for next week.
Authorities say Williams struck a man over the head with a microphone while performing Friday night, threw chairs at fans, and threatened a bar manager with a pool cue over the weekend.
Authorities say officers had to restrain Williams before he was taken into custody after the bar incident.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"