Christopher Moore, alleged Texas burglar, calls 911 after homeowners hold him at gunpoint
Moore was allegedly in the process of burglarizing a home in Springtown, Texas early Tuesday morning when the homeowner, James Gerow, woke up and found Moore in his bedroom.
Gerow initially thought it was his son, until he got up and realized his son was still asleep in his own room. Gerow then noticed an unfamiliar truck parked outside, grabbed a handgun and walked outside.
Moore ran from the home toward his pickup, but Gerow chased him down and took away his keys.
Moore climbed into his truck and sat there while Gerow and his son pointed guns at him, CBS DFW says.
Gerow's wife Lindy was the first to notify authorities.
"You better come quick," she told the 911 operator, "or my husband's going to shoot him."
Moore made the second call to 911 from inside his truck.
"I'm out in the country somewhere. Some guy's got a gun on me," he said in the call. "He's going to come shoot me," he continued.
When police arrived both were still on the phone with 911 operators. When Gerow asked Moore why he was in the house, Moore replied that he had "bad intentions." Gerow said he could tell the man wasn't thinking clearly, which is why he never fired the gun he was using, CBS DFW reports.
More was arrested and charged with burglary of a habitation.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles