Kayla Bonkowski, Central Michigan college student, accused of poisoning roommate's iced tea with bleach
(CBS/AP) UNION TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Kayla Bonkowski, a Central Michigan University student, appeared in court Wednesday to respond to accusations that she tried to poison a roommate by putting bleach in a glass of iced tea.
Mlive.com reported that Bonkowski,19, was arraigned in an Isabella County court on a felony poisoning charge. Her preliminary examination is scheduled on Dec. 13.
Authorities said they believe Bonkowski put bleach in the drink at the apartment in Union Township, located near the Mount Pleasant school about 120 miles northwest of Detroit. Police said the roommate was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
An investigation revealed that an argument between the women over some dirty dishes led Bonkowski to poison her 20-year-old roommate on Nov. 11, CBS affiliate WTVR reported.
Investigators said Bonkowski doesn't seem the least bit remorseful.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles