Strangers donate toys, gifts for abused N.H. boy
The child, who was recently released from the hospital, is recovering from injuries said to also include bruises and burns to his wrist and fingers. Police said a fund for financial donations is being set up for him.
CBS Boston reports presents have been pouring in from New England and New York for the injured child left at the hospital by his mother, Jessica Linscott, and her boyfriend, Roland Dow, who were eventually arrested at Universal Studios in Florida."It struck extra close to home because he's around the same age as our youngest daughter who passed away," said Annette Flanders. "And I just think I would give anything to have her here and how could this happen to this little guy."
Flanders told CBS Boston she posted a message on Facebook and reached out to her friends. Soon they had collected piles of toys which they dropped off at the Plaistow Police Department.
"We should be thinking about our own kids and our own families because he's really kind of the poster child," said Plaistow Police Chief Stephen Savage.
The 3-year-old is currently living with his grandmother.
Jessica Linscott is being held on $100,000 cash bail and Roland Dow was ordered held on $500,000 cash bail. Both face multiple charges of child endangerment. Dow also has been charged with first- and second-degree assault.
Both have been ordered not to have contact with each other or with Linscott's son. The couple had said his injuries were self-inflicted; doctors disagreed.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Ex-judge charged with stealing cocaine from cases