Bus driver finds $500K...so he called the cops?
Officials say that's what happened to a city bus driver in Vienna who opened a bag left behind by a passenger and discovered euro390,000 - the equivalent of more than $500,000 in neatly stacked bills.
Here comes the scene for the "Lincoln" sequel.
Transit authority spokeswoman Anna-Maria Reich says the impossibly honest driver handed the stash to police, who then tracked down the owner, an unidentified elderly woman.
Weeks later, the impossibly honest driver has only been rewarded with a feeling of extreme satisfaction.
The owner of the misplaced fortune has not contacted him to offer even a thank you, much less a reward.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship