Pit bull left to "babysit" 10-month-old child, Fla. man arrested
The mother of the 10-month-old child left the baby in Irvine's care when she left for work on Nov. 30, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reports. However, Irvine soon abandoned the child to go out to a bar.
The child's mother reportedly became alarmed after she tried contacting Irvine several times Friday night. When Irvine finally picked up the mother's phone calls he reportedly told her "I'm watching the game," before hanging up, the newspaper reports.
When the mother arrived home, she discovered Irvine trying to get back into the house through the garage door.
According to the News-Journal, citing a Flagler County sheriff's report, Irvine told her that he had not "left the baby alone," because the "pit bull was watching the baby."
The dog was sitting outside the room where the child was left. The door was shut, and the child was allegedly crying, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reported.
Irvine was arrested and brought to the Flagler County Inmate Facility. He was later released on $1,500 bail, the newspaper reports.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase